Handy hints for growing perfect vegtables
- Practice a three-year rotation of crops to achieve bumper yields, avoid a build-up of root pests and diseases and make full use of manures and fertilisers.
- Sow seeds in spring when soil temperature is above 10°C (50°F) and you can rake it to a crumbly tilth.
- Work in Proctors Growmore and Blood, Fish & Bone fertiliser before sowing or planting to speed up growth and encourage weighty and early yields.
- Shield early sowings from cold winds, heavy rain and pests by covering them with plastic tunnel cloches or polypropylene film.
- Work in soil insecticide before sowing if wireworms, milipedes and other soil pests are a problem.
- Thin lettuce, spinach and seakale beet seedings early, and at intervals, before they jostle for space and grow weak and leggy.
- Enrich the soil with Proctors Garden and Potato fertiliser where root crops are to be grown.
- Hoe regularly to behead seedling weeds before they emerge
- Water freely in dry weather to encourage robust growth, and conserve soil moisture by spreading black plastic or 3" of garden compost or old manure between rows.
- Harvest crops at their prime;
- Peas and beans when pods are full but seeds bulge through.
- Sweetcorn when kernels are filled with think creamy juce.
- Beetroot before they are cricket ball sized.
This specifically formulated organic based fertiliser is for use on Pony grazing paddocks.
£363.00 incl VAT
Proctors LFW+M, with its added high iron content, treats moss in addition to feeding and weeding your lawn. OUT OF STOCK
£481.50 incl VAT
Perfect for all plants, both inside and out, Proctors Liquid Seaweed will transform your garden and potted plants, producing brighter flowers, greener lawns and delicious vegetables
£10.18 incl VAT